Thursday, August 18, 2011

Obama is Still the Greatest President

Hi. I'm one of those people who's still thinking President Barack Obama is doing a bang-up job.
Why? Well I'll tell ya. Firstwise, let's see who we're comparing the Obama administration to:

  • McCain/Palin
  • Hillary Clinton/Unknown


Let's see how he'd stack up to the competition re: Syria. Here's from the Washington Post:

President Obama on Thursday for the first time explicitly called on Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to step down, a symbolically significant step intended to ratchet up pressure on the government five months after the start of the uprising in that country.
Obama also issued an executive order immediately freezing all assets of the Syrian government subject to U.S. jurisdiction and prohibiting Americans from engaging in any transaction involving the government.

I think we can feel fairly confident that Obama's position is fairly liberal compared to a theoretical McCain or Clinton Administration's position. Indeed, I feel that's self-evident. And I think that it's self-evident that throwing al-Assad out is a good idea too. So I won't even argue those points, I'll assume you've stipulated them.
Case closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment