Sunday, June 26, 2011

Straight White Guy Speaks Out on Gay Marriage

You know what I look forward to? When the idea of gay marriage isn't an issue. I look forward to some kid sneering up at me with that face kids make, saying "Yeah yeah, gramps, when you were growing up gays couldn't get married. That's about when dinosaurs roamed the earth, right?"
Right.
Exactly.
The fact is that gay marriage will be affecting this middle-aged, straight, white, guy. And I mean that more than the one marriage proposal I've gotten so far. How will it affect me? Well, I'll be living in a world where we don't discriminate against one more thing. And although that's going to affect gays more directly than if affects me, the world will be a better place and I'll be living in that better place.
So thanks to New York for legalizing same-sex marriages.
Hell, thanks to all the straight guys who voted for same-sex marriages.

No comments:

Post a Comment